The Chicken Place
Kyle G’s Restaurants is a people first company. When you look at a restaurant, what is it filled with? Of course, there are tables, chairs, plates, stoves, decor and an endless amount of other items and equipment. However, we believe, what defines a restaurant is the people inside it, both working and dining. We are committed to providing the best possible training, benefits and working environment to our team that we can in order to be the hospitality employer of choice for our community.
Our philosophy is simple: We believe in serving smiles one plate at a time. We do this by putting the best products in the hands of the best people, and allowing that formula to do its magic. Thus, making our restaurants the restaurant of choice for our guests when deciding where to dine.
Our brands each operate with the same underlying principles, yet have their own unique menus, teams and personalities. Our goal is to create a restaurant company showcasing the many different and diverse ingredients and techniques all while focusing on exceptional hospitality, showcasing a high level of restaurateurship.
PRINCIPLES AND PROMISES PRINCIPLE VALUES
- Honesty in Speaking: We treat everyone with dignity, honesty, respect, and integrity.
- Being of Service: We are committed to treating people as special and giving of ourselves, doing more than expected, anticipating needs, and making a difference.
- Great People: We hire great people, we set clear expectations, we provide regular feedback, and we celebrate great performances.
- We Function as a Team: We all look good together, we all look bad together!
TEAM MEMBER PROMISE
- Citizenship: Getting to work on time, dressed and ready to work. Doing the job to our high standards and asking questions when unsure.
- Consistent Growth: We are committed to continuous improvement, getting better day by day, shift by shift. Best today, Better tomorrow.
- Doing the Right Thing: Do it right the first time with integrity in your work.
WE PROMISE YOU
- Clear Direction: Communicating what we stand for and what we will not stand for, how your job contributes to the success of the restaurant, and clear and timely communication of change and how it affects you.
- Teaching: Standard-setting training that gives you a complete understanding of the skills you need to be successful in your position, and enjoy what you do, and where you work.
- Belonging: You are immediately welcomed as a member of the team, know that you are valued, and are held accountable for your behavior and results. We help in times of personal need, provide opportunities to prepare for more responsibility, and invite you to share in the celebrations of the team.
The Sous Chef is responsible for supporting the Executive Chef in leading a team of culinary professionals that deliver high-quality, great-tasting food, proper food safety and sanitation procedures, and profitability. The Sous Chef contributes to building top-line sales and guest count through the delivery of a competitively superior team member and guest experience. The Sous Chef supports the Executive Chef to ensure menu items are executed with excellence in the restaurant. Additionally, the Sous Chef supports managing quality in all aspects of their job.
- Maintain professional demeanor, vocabulary, dress, and self presentation.
- Coaching and counseling employees in conjunction with the Chef de Cuisine.
- Ensuring that the operational basics and standards are adhered to with total commitment and passion by providing direction and guidance to all back of the house associates: line checks, testing, training, recipe adherence, expo management, cook times, etc.
- Directing and checking the progress of the prep staff, checking for quality and consistency on food preparation.
- Working side-by-side with line cooks daily.
- Supervising the set-up and food production areas within the kitchen to maximize productivity and minimize waste.
- Balancing product inventory from the previous day of business and placing food and supply orders.
- Enforcing safety and sanitary practices and maintenance for the Kitchen.
- Ensuring compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances; ensures all health inspections meet required state standards.
- Checking all culinary equipment and setting them up for daily use. Keeping the kitchen, dish, and storage areas clean and organized.
- Driving our high-quality employee standards by maintaining fully staffed restaurants, fostering an inclusive environment, developing and promoting our team members and holding the team accountable in a constructive and supportive way.
- Taking pride in presenting quality food by ensuring that all menu items are made according to recipe and the presentation is at our high standards.
- Living our Principles & Promises that people are inherently good and seek a sense of belonging and significance. Being a role model and fostering a passionate culture within the restaurant.
- Culinary certificate preferred.
- 2 years of kitchen experience working in polished casual/fine dining restaurants.
- ServSafe sanitation certification preferred.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule (days, nights, weekends, and holidays).
- Availability to work a flexible schedule (open, mid, close).
- Minimum 21 years of age with legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Basic computer proficiency preferred.
PERKS & BENEFITS THAT WE OFFER AT KYLE G’S RESTAURANTS
- Career Growth. We believe in developing people!
- Weekly Pay
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Health & Wellness benefits. We offer health (medical, dental and vision) insurance options for eligible team members
- Meal comp benefits
- College 529 Savings Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan