The Chicken Place
Kyle G’s Restaurants is a people first company. When you look at a restaurant, what is it filled with? Of course, there are tables, chairs, plates, stoves, decor and an endless amount of other items and equipment. However, we believe, what defines a restaurant is the people inside it, both working and dining. We are committed to providing the best possible training, benefits and working environment to our team that we can in order to be the hospitality employer of choice for our community.
Our philosophy is simple: We believe in serving smiles one plate at a time. We do this by putting the best products in the hands of the best people, and allowing that formula to do its magic. Thus, making our restaurants the restaurant of choice for our guests when deciding where to dine.
Our brands each operate with the same underlying principles, yet have their own unique menus, teams and personalities. Our goal is to create a restaurant company showcasing the many different and diverse ingredients and techniques all while focusing on exceptional hospitality, showcasing a high level of restaurateurship.
PRINCIPLES AND PROMISES PRINCIPLE VALUES
- Honesty in Speaking: We treat everyone with dignity, honesty, respect, and integrity.
- Being of Service: We are committed to treating people as special and giving of ourselves, doing more than expected, anticipating needs, and making a difference.
- Great People: We hire great people, we set clear expectations, we provide regular feedback, and we celebrate great performances.
- We Function as a Team: We all look good together, we all look bad together!
TEAM MEMBER PROMISE
- Citizenship: Getting to work on time, dressed and ready to work. Doing the job to our high standards and asking questions when unsure.
- Consistent Growth: We are committed to continuous improvement, getting better day by day, shift by shift. Best today, Better tomorrow.
- Doing the Right Thing: Do it right the first time with integrity in your work.
WE PROMISE YOU
- Clear Direction: Communicating what we stand for and what we will not stand for, how your job contributes to the success of the restaurant, and clear and timely communication of change and how it affects you.
- Teaching: Standard-setting training that gives you a complete understanding of the skills you need to be successful in your position, and enjoy what you do, and where you work.
- Belonging: You are immediately welcomed as a member of the team, know that you are valued, and are held accountable for your behavior and results. We help in times of personal need, provide opportunities to prepare for more responsibility, and invite you to share in the celebrations of the team.
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for leading restaurant-level operations through a team of managers and team members; demonstrating leadership that is grounded in Kyle G’s Restaurants’ Principles and Promises and enabling his or her team to keep our promise to guests by consistently providing a competitively superior dining experience. Successful performance is measured by consistent delivery of balanced results through our systems, methods and procedures.
The GM should have proficient and demonstrable knowledge of operations including: budgets, inventory, personnel management, interviewing techniques, coaching and disciplinary actions, scheduling, guest relations and training. Through effective leadership, the GM ensures and drives the overall high level success of the team.
The GM naturally demonstrates an ownership mentality and makes effective and impactful business and leadership decisions. The GM is responsible for furthering the development and growth of all team members and subordinates assisting them to reach their full potential. The GM is responsible for being very forward looking in regarding their business and will assist in forecasting, planning, budgeting and working with the senior leadership in crafting the business strategy and the future of the restaurant.
The GM works with all teams, not just service related, but specifically the Chef de Cuisine and the culinary team to ensure the team’s success and therefore the restaurant’s success.
At the GM level, you are expected to make decisions that support our mission statement, Principles and Promises and business model in absence of specific orders. The GM will need to step up and lead in times of uncertainty. The GM is expected to display a high degree of humility and have a dedication to consistent learning within our industry. We count on our GMs to provide qualitative and quantitative feedback to help further the team’s execution, well being and success. The GM must display a high degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Maintain professional demeanor, vocabulary, dress, and self presentation.
- Driving our high-quality employee standards by maintaining a fully staffed restaurant, fostering an inclusive environment, developing and promoting our team members and holding the team accountable in a constructive and supportive way.
- Being the restaurant of choice and the face of Kyle G’s Restaurants’ by creating memorable experiences for our guests and authentically connecting to our community by participating in community outreach activities and events.
- Exhibiting strong business acumen and driving results through complete management of your restaurant’s P&L, developing initiatives to build sales, increase profitability, growing the guest count of your restaurant and coaching your management team on their impact to the P&L.
- Taking pride in presenting quality food by ensuring that all menu items are made according to recipe and the presentation is at our high standards.
- Enforcing safety and sanitation practices by showcasing a passion for excellence and maintaining immaculate facilities.
- Living our Principles & Promises that people are inherently good and seek a sense of belonging and significance. Being a role model and fostering a passionate culture within the restaurant.
- 5 years in high quality, full service restaurant management with a proven track record of success with team member development and budgetary responsibility
- Degree in Hospitality or related field preferred
- Certified Restaurant Manager course from NRA or equivalent and 3 years Restaurant Management with a proven track record of success with team member development and budgetary responsibility
- Hands-on experience in all facets of FOH and BOH
- Exceptional people and development skill with a proven track record in attracting, assessing, developing, coaching and managing talent
- Wine Background Preferred
- Availability to work a flexible schedule (days, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Availability to work a flexible schedule (open, mid, close)
- Minimum 21 years of age with legal authorization to work in the United States
- Strong computer skills
PERKS & BENEFITS THAT WE OFFER AT KYLE G’S RESTAURANTS
- Career Growth. We believe in developing people!
- Weekly Pay
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Health & Wellness benefits. We offer health (medical, dental and vision) insurance options for eligible team members
- Meal comp benefits
- College 529 Savings Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan