Chef De Cuisine
Kyle G’s Restaurants is a people first company. When you look at a restaurant, what is it filled with? Of course, there are tables, chairs, plates, stoves, decor and an endless amount of other items and equipment. However, we believe, what defines a restaurant is the people inside it, both working and dining. We are committed to providing the best possible training, benefits and working environment to our team that we can in order to be the hospitality employer of choice for our community.
Our philosophy is simple: We believe in serving smiles one plate at a time. We do this by putting the best products in the hands of the best people, and allowing that formula to do its magic. Thus, making our restaurants the restaurant of choice for our guests when deciding where to dine.
Our brands each operate with the same underlying principles, yet have their own unique menus, teams and personalities. Our goal is to create a restaurant company showcasing the many different and diverse ingredients and techniques all while focusing on exceptional hospitality, showcasing a high level of restaurateurship.
PRINCIPLES AND PROMISES PRINCIPLE VALUES
- Honesty in Speaking: We treat everyone with dignity, honesty, respect, and integrity.
- Being of Service: We are committed to treating people as special and giving of ourselves, doing more than expected, anticipating needs, and making a difference.
- Great People: We hire great people, we set clear expectations, we provide regular feedback, and we celebrate great performances.
- We Function as a Team: We all look good together, we all look bad together!
TEAM MEMBER PROMISE
- Citizenship: Getting to work on time, dressed and ready to work. Doing the job to our high standards and asking questions when unsure.
- Consistent Growth: We are committed to continuous improvement, getting better day by day, shift by shift. Best today, Better tomorrow.
- Doing the Right Thing: Do it right the first time with integrity in your work.
WE PROMISE YOU
- Clear Direction: Communicating what we stand for and what we will not stand for, how your job contributes to the success of the restaurant, and clear and timely communication of change and how it affects you.
- Teaching: Standard-setting training that gives you a complete understanding of the skills you need to be successful in your position, and enjoy what you do, and where you work.
- Belonging: You are immediately welcomed as a member of the team, know that you are valued, and are held accountable for your behavior and results. We help in times of personal need, provide opportunities to prepare for more responsibility, and invite you to share in the celebrations of the team.
The Chef de Cuisine is responsible for leading a team of culinary professionals that deliver high-quality, great tasting food, proper food safety and sanitation procedures, and profitability. The Chef de Cuisine contributes to building top line sales and guest count through the delivery of a competitively superior team member and guest experience. The Chef de Cuisine ensures menu items are executed with excellence in the restaurant.
The CDC works hand in hand with the culinary teams and the Service teams, specifically with the GM to drive the success of the team and the restaurant.
At the CDC level, you are expected to make decisions that support our mission statement, Principles and Promises and business model in absence of specific orders. The CDC will need to step up and lead in times of uncertainty. The CDC is expected to display a high degree of humility and have a dedication to consistent learning within our industry. We count on our CDCs to provide qualitative and quantitative feedback to help further the team’s execution, well being and success. The CDC must display a high degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Maintain professional demeanor, vocabulary, dress, and self presentation.
- Ability to drive our high-quality employee standards by maintaining a fully staffed restaurant, fostering an inclusive environment, developing and promoting our team members, and holding the team accountable in a constructive and supportive way.
- Being the restaurant of choice and the face of Kyle G’s Restaurants’ by creating memorable experiences for our guests and authentically connecting to our community by participating in community outreach activities and events.
- Exhibit strong business acumen and driving results through complete management of your restaurant P&L, develop initiatives to build sales, increase profitability, grow the guest count of all restaurants and coach the management team on their impact to the P&L.
- Take pride in presenting quality food by ensuring that all menu items are made according to recipe and the presentation meets the company’s high standards.
- Enforce safety and sanitation practices by showcasing a passion for excellence and maintaining immaculate facilities.
- Exhibit our Principles & Promises that people are inherently good and seek a sense of belonging and significance. Be a role model and foster a passionate culture within the restaurant.
- Directing and checking the progress of the prep staff and checking for food quality and consistency.
- Taking full responsibility for inventory and cost centers for all food
- Checking all kitchen equipment and setting it up for daily use
- Enforcing safety and sanitary practices, maintenance, and regulatory compliance for the kitchen area.
- Ensuring that operational basics and standards are adhered to with total commitment and passion: includes line checks, testing, training, recipe adherence, window management, cook times, etc.
- Supervise the set-up and food production areas within the kitchen to maximize productivity and minimize waste.
- Manage staffing levels and shift assignments.
- Keep the kitchen, dish, and storage areas clean and organized.
- Check and balance product inventory from previous day of business as well as placing food and supply orders.
- Serve as a role model and a source of inspiration to our Team Members and Managers.
- 5 years minimum as an Executive Chef, Executive Kitchen Manager, or Regional Chef.
- Prior experience at a fine dining or casual plus restaurant is highly preferred.
- 2-year culinary degree preferred.
- ServSafe Sanitation certification.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule (days, nights, weekends, and holidays).
- Availability to work a flexible schedule (open, mid, close).
- Minimum 21 years of age with legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Strong computer proficiency preferred.
PERKS & BENEFITS THAT WE OFFER AT KYLE G’S RESTAURANTS
- Career Growth. We believe in developing people!
- Weekly Pay
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Health & Wellness benefits. We offer health (medical, dental and vision) insurance options for eligible team members
- Meal comp benefits
- College 529 Savings Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan